Open your eyes to the natural world & plants growing around you! Instead of seeing a ‘lawn’, a ‘field, or a ‘weedy patch’ take in your surroundings with a whole new lense.
Build a relationship with a natural world that is overflowing with abundant, wild, edible, nutritious, medicinal plants. Learn their names & get to know them, along with folklore & stories from the past.
This Workshop is held at the Waimarama Community Gardens in Nelson.
Join Felicity for a wander around the community gardens to learn about commonly found, wild, edible weeds.
By the end of the workshop you will:
- understand the basic principles of foraging, including sustainable harvesting
- feel confident in identifying 10-15 wild edible plants
- know about their nutritional & medicinal benefits
- know about common toxic/dangerous plants to avoid when foraging
- know about the best ways to prepare your foraged greens for maximum nutritional benefit & flavor
- feel empowered to include foraged greens in your everyday diet
Walk away with hands on, practical skills & knowledge that you can use in your own life.
Investment includes hands on wild weed walk & discussion, cup of foraged herbal tea & wildly delicious foraged snack.