Just for You! Grab your friends & family and book your own private foraging workshop on a weekday. Minimum 6 people, maximum 12 (can negotiate more).
Suitable for beginners to advanced foragers and all ages, including school aged children. I can tailor the workshop to your groups needs and we can choose a date that suits you on a weekday.
I prefer to host in my own, wild garden which is fully setup to cater for workshops, however we can discuss me coming to your place if needed (preferably around Kapiti, will consider Lower North Island - email first - travel charges will apply).
Join Felicity for a wander around her wild garden to learn about commonly found, wild, edible weeds.
By the end of the workshop you will:
- understand the basic principles of foraging, including sustainable harvesting
- feel confident in identifying 10-15 wild edible plants
- know about their nutritional & medicinal benefits
- know about common toxic/dangerous plants to avoid when foraging
- know about the best ways to prepare your foraged greens for maximum nutritional benefit & flavor
- enjoy the interesting folklore & history surrounding 'weeds'
- feel empowered to include foraged greens in your everyday diet
Walk away with hands on, practical skills & knowledge that you can use in your own life. Investment includes hands on wild weed walk & discussion, cup of foraged herbal tea & a wildly delicious snack prepare beforehand with foraged ingredients.
Minimum 6 participants, maximum 12, weekday only.
Email to discuss available dates & times Monday-Thursday (not Friday-Sunday).
Either book by clicking below & select the number of people attending, I'll be in touch to discuss dates, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Please note that no refunds will be given for change of mind or your own calendar conflicts. If the workshop needs to be postponed due to (terrible) weather, we'll work together to find a new date.
Read the amazing reviews below or on facebook @homegrownbotanica