Build a relationship with a natural world that is overflowing with abundant, wild, edible, nutritious, medicinal plants. Learn their names & get to know them, along with folklore & stories from the past.
This Workshop is held in Raumati South, select date and time below.
Join Felicity for a wander around her wild garden to learn about commonly found, wild, edible weeds.
By the end of the workshop you will:
- understand the basic principles of foraging, including sustainable harvesting
- feel confident in identifying 10-15 wild edible plants
- know about their nutritional & medicinal benefits
- know about common toxic/dangerous plants to avoid when foraging
- know about the best ways to prepare your foraged greens for maximum nutritional benefit & flavor
- feel empowered to include foraged greens in your everyday diet
Walk away with hands on, practical skills & knowledge that you can use in your own life.
Investment includes hands on wild weed walk & discussion, cup of foraged herbal tea & wildly delicious foraged snack.
It was fantastic, Felicity was really informative, a beautiful couple of hours in her garden getting an understanding of what weeds are edible and how they add nutrition to your body. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge
Felicity was great very informative and engaging.
I learned a lot about foraging and have started the practical journey. Very interesting and informative. Thank you Felicity.
A wonderfully educational, and tasty, two hours well-spent in Felicity’s amazing garden. Thank you, Felicity, for sharing your time and knowledge - we enjoyed this immensely.
I enjoyed this workshop very much, it was the perfect way to start a day - the setting was beautiful, the information Felicity shared was really interesting, and the wild salad at the end was incredibly delicious. I foraged my first lot of Chickweed and plantain today and I can't wait to attend the intermediate workshop and learn more about these amazing plants...please do another class soon! Ngā mihi nui.